How to make the Important Changes
Marketing Essentials for Coaches
2012 Edition, Updated and Expanded to Include Social Media Networking, and Now Available in PDF, EPUB and MOBI Formats.
The Industry's "MUST HAVE" Best Seller!
Too many great coaches struggle to fill their practice. It doesn't have to be this way. There are hundreds of clients out there for every one of us. But you have to know what works, what doesn't, where to connect with prospects and what to do when you find them.
For Coaches Only - Valuable Marketing Information
If you're like most coaches, you were drawn to this profession because you like helping people. But the truth is, you can't help many people if you don't stay in business. It's an unfortunate truth that too many good coaches struggle to fill their practices. If what you're doing is not getting you the results you want, read on.
The Most Common Mistakes
Having interviewed and worked with hundreds of coaches, here are some of the most common problems that keep coaches from having successful practices.
- They don't know how to identify a qualified prospect. - Only 5% of the population would make a good coaching client. You need to know what to look for.
- They don't understand the prospect's mind. - Most people are really busy, and they have never heard of coaching. You need to understand how to best approach a prospect and demonstrate how your service will benefit them.
- The focus of their presentation is on themselves. - Many coaches waste time talking about themselves. Your prospect will not be interested in you, until you have demonstrated what's in it for them.
- They don't know how to sell coaching.- Nobody wants to buy coaching. Less than 1 in 1,000 people are actually out there looking for a coach. Don't even try to "sell" coaching. You can't effectively sell something nobody understands.
- They try to describe coaching - Describing coaching doesn't work. You simply get a bemused expression from most potential clients.
- They don't know how to demonstrate the value of coaching. - Would you buy an expensive service that you had never tried? Would you pay hundreds of dollars a month for something that gives vague promises of a better life or career? Not likely. If you want people to hire you, you need to give them a killer sample session that clearly demonstrates a valuable outcome.
- They don't know the marketing strategy that will work best for them. - Too many new coaches struggle trying to get clients the way their coach does. You need to find a few contact strategies that are the best fit with who you are, who you want to work with, and where you live.
- They don't know who to price themselves. - Most new coaches prices themselves on their insecurities. Many experienced coaches under price themselves. You need to know how to price yourself to your market.
- They don't know who to ask for the business. - Too many coaches give away lots of sample sessions, but don't know how to ask for the business.
- They don't know how to work their contacts. - The average person knows enough people to get their first 20 clients. You need to know how to help these people help you.
- They don't know how to identify a good niche. - If you know what to look for, you can focus your marketing efforts on a select group of people that you really enjoy working with.
- They don't know how to get organized. - Too many coaches waste huge amounts of time which could be used getting clients. In business, time is money, you need to find the best way to focus your efforts on productive and enjoyable activities that get you clients.
- They don't know how to overcome the classic obstacles in starting a practice..- Too many good coaches are suffering in silence because they cannot overcome their own doubts and fears and other classic obstacles coaches face in building their practice.
Coaches Need To Know More About Marketing
Coaching is still a very young vocation but when I first discovered it in 1996, it was in its infancy. As I went through my training and certification I was surprised to see how little time was focused on marketing. I can understand the need for coaching schools to focus on teaching coaching skills, however that leaves too many coaches struggling to fill their practices.
Most Marketing Info Is Too General
There's lots of marketing info around, but most of it is directed towards larger audiences like small business people, independent professionals and consultants. Coaching is just too small and unprofitable a market to attract most author's complete attention. And unfortunately, because coaching is such a new occupation, and so few people know what it is, you cannot sell coaching the same way you sell toothpaste. Coaches need specific information about what works in coaching, and what does not, written by someone that really understands coaching.
Why I Wrote This Book
I love coaching. It's a great profession and the work coaches do changes lives. It is important. Over the years I have seen too many great coaches struggling to fill their practice. A few have even had to quit and do something else. I think this is a tragedy.
Because I came to coaching from a background in engineering, business and marketing, I have always been interested in optimizing the nuances of marketing my practice. And even though the bulk of my marketing is focused on executive and entrepreneur clients, I have always reserved a portion of my practice to help other coaches build their practice.
Working with so many coaches over the years, I really began to see some common mistakes repeated over and over gain. I started interviewing many other successful coaches to learn more about what did and did not work for them and their clients. This gave me a lot of information, and being a recovering engineer I just started to develop some models and approaches that would optimize the process of marketing for coaches.
Tested With Hundreds Of Coaches
I started trying out what I learned on my coach clients. They started getting even better results. I then did a number of free workshops and teleclasses on marketing for hundreds and hundreds of coaches, and got dozens and dozens of calls and e-mails from coaches all over the world that were getting great results. Their gratitude was sincere and slightly overwhelming.
But even after putting up free info on my web, and doing many free teleclasses, I could not keep up with the demand for more marketing info for coaches.
So one summer, when I would normally be out playing, I locked myself away for a couple of hours each day, and put everything I have ever learned about successfully marketing a coaching practice into a book called Marketing Essentials For Coaches.
For the 3 years that I served on the ICF Board, I donated all the proceeds of the sale of this book to the ICF Foundation. During that time, when it was sold on a donation basis to thousands and thousands of coaches, it raised over $27,000 to be used to support initiatives to help coaches around the world.
I know this information can save newer coaches a lot of time and suffering. (I wish something like this was around when I came into coaching.)
What Coaches Most Need To Know and
Do to Have A Successful Practice
There are many simple things that can save you time and effort in building your coaching practice. Marketing Essentials For Coaches includes 154 pages of useful specific information that will help you:
- Understand a simple model that identifies the various forces that accelerate your practice, and the one big force that slows you down.
- Identify the 5% of the population that is ready to work with you, so you don't waste time on the other 95%.
- Understand the prospect's mind and learn what you need to do to convert a prospect into a client.
- Learn what clients are really looking for in a coach and how to keep the focus on the main benefits that will have them decide to work with you.
- Learn some sample dialogues that will help you get prospects and convert those prospects into clients.
- Learn how to give powerful sample sessions that will have clients lining up to work with you.
- Learn the powerful 6:3:1 formula for optimizing your prospecting and client conversion process.
- Learn how to work with your networks, in person or through social media, to build a big practice.
- Learn how to divide your contacts into Insiders, Warm Prospects, and Rainmakers, and successfully work with each group.
- Learn how to give a simple yet powerful workshop that can net you large numbers of clients.
- Learn what you need to know about networking and leads exchange groups, so you can stop struggling and start attracting serious numbers of clients.
- Learn how teleclasses, speaking and writing can help you raise your profile and build your practice.
- Learn what you need to know about web marketing, the differences between active and passive sites, and what to do with search engines and pay-per-clicks.
- Learn how to optimally price your services, and how to know when you are over or under priced.
- Follow the step by step guide to find and develop a great niche.
- Learn how to create a simple marketing plan for your coaching practice that will help you focus your efforts and get better results.
- Learn the important considerations in setting up a weekly routine that has you focused on those activities that actually lead to the most clients.
- Learn to use the PRACTICE TROUBLESHOOTER GUIDE so you can identify where your marketing and sales efforts are falling short and what you can do about it.
- Learn the importance of the "being" side of your coaching and what qualities and practices work for the most successful coaches in the profession.
- Learn how to manage all the doubts and fears that will slow you down, keep you struggling, and take all the fun out of building a successful business.
- Learn from dozens of marketing tips from some of the most successful coaches in the business.
Results, Results, Results!
"I was starting from scratch as a new coach and new to the private-sector world of earning a living. Working with Steve as a mentor coach, however, allowed me to zero-in on exactly what I needed to create a coaching business. Within a month I was well on my way. Steve's insights and formula on how to get clients were right-on. His inspiration and support have been invaluable. Six months into it and I now have a growing business."
Visit The Sage Project
"I'm happy to report that the 6-3-1 marketing strategy is continuing to prove successful! I gained another new client last week, I will have 10 on my books when she starts in a couple of weeks. That is 10 clients in 10 weeks. Thank you so much for this amazingly good formula, it's so clear and effective.
Also I used your sample session template and had a wonderful session with a potential client, who as a result, has said he would like to work with me. I also used it with an existing client and her comment was that I was asking harder questions!"
Andrea Henning, Life Coach
"Steve was my first influential contact in the world of coaching. His charisma about the profession, and his coaching expertise helped catapult my career as a coach. A few of Steve's pearls of marketing wisdom include:
- The best way to get new clients is to give complimentary coaching sessions to qualified prospects (which make up only 5% of the population).
- In your first year of coaching, experience as many niches as possible.then choose the niches you enjoy and can offer the most.
- The 6-3-1 formula, as it has kept me realistic and positive about the kind of return on initial client investment I will receive.
- The 5 marketing hours: 1 client formula, as it has helped me manage my time and expectations in building my practice.
- The 20% rule on pricing (you want only 1 in 5 to object to your price), as it has served as an excellent guide in pricing my coaching services
- The secret recipe for a "killer" complimentary coaching session, as it has helped me approach prospective clients with confidence and ease."
Why This Book?
Why spend months writing a book for such a small market? It doesn't make business sense. I am well aware if I put all that time into coaching, I would be ahead financially. However, after the workshops and a number of free marketing teleclasses I did for the ICF, I was overwhelmed by how many coaches are struggling to fill their practices. I thought it was time for a book on marketing a coaching practice, written by a coach, based on what really does work. Coaching has been very good to me. This is one of my contributions back.
Benefit From The Best Advice Of
Over 100 Successful Coaches
This book is written with the benefit of the cumulative experience of over 100 successful coaches. It covers everything you need to know and do to have a successful practice. All the best secrets that have worked for some of the most successful coaches in the business are included. No filler. Just what works.
Return On Investment
I am sure that if you put any one of the many, many practical tips contained in Marketing Essentials For Coaches to use in your practice that you will get more clients and/or higher revenues. And I am equally sure you'll do it in much shorter time than if you tried to learn all this by trial and error. My sincere belief is that you should get at least a one-week payback on this material. (For many it is a one-day payback.) In other words, I believe you should be able to recover the cost of the book within a week. And if you continue to apply the information in the book, there is nothing to stop you from building a 6-figure coaching practice, except yourself.
Marketing Essentials For Coaches
154 page e-book Updated and Expanded
By Steve Mitten
Steve's Price: $24.95
Purchase Securely Now, Through PayPal
Critical Business Information
I truly believe the information in Marketing Essentials For Coaches should be considered critical business information for your practice. For most coaches getting the right marketing information can make the difference between a great success and failure.
Cost Of Doing Nothing
If your practice is not filled with paying clients, it is costing you a lot.
Let's say you're an average coach who charges $300 per client a month. If you would like a 25 client practice and are currently stuck at 10 clients, you are missing out on $4500 in extra revenue a month - an extra $54K a year.
And if that isn't a big enough incentive to take your marketing seriously, think of all the people who are struggling, not living their dream or otherwise not benefiting from being coached - because they can't find you. Most coaches are called to this profession because they like to make a difference. You can't do that if you're not coaching.
Priced So Everyone Can Buy One
I toyed with the idea of selling this book on a pay-back basis. I thought I could sell it for $249 and offer a money back guarantee that it would get you at least 4 new clients a month if you followed the steps I outline.
Then when I really saw how badly this information is needed, I decided this information should be made available to the largest possible audience, and so I should just give it way.
Then I thought people might not value it if I give it away. So I decided to sell it at a very modest price that everyone could afford.
Bottom line is the e-book version sells for $24.95 and at that price I believe it will be one of the best business investments you might ever make. (And like everything is do, it comes with a 100% money back satisfaction guarantee).
Good luck, and good coaching.
Free Life Coaching Consultation
If you are seriously considering working with a coach, please feel free to contact me. I would love to talk with you, get a feel for what you want to achieve through coaching, give you a feel for how it works, and answer any questions you might have. Then you can decide if there is value for you in coaching.
Sign up to receive a
free report on:
The 10 Habits
of Highly Successful (& Deeply Happy) People.
Plus - My almost monthly free newsletter
to maximize your:
- Personal Growth
- Professional Success
- Balance & Happiness
Plus - Special Bonus Marketing Info For Fellow Coaches.
Your Privacy Assured