I have been coaching for a long time, and I’ve had the pleasure of working with hundreds and hundreds of people from many countries and all walks of life. And I haven’t met anyone who did not want to live a great life full of the people, accomplishments and experiences that were most important to them.
Living a great life is a process that involves getting clear on what you really want to create, ensuring what you want is in alignment with who you are, and then making good consistent choices to get there. It also involves learning some important lessons and developing successful habits that help you bring out your best, and really enjoy the journey.
Good coaching can be of great help in this process, because it provides the clarity, the focus, and the structure of weekly support calls, to keep you on track. Find out if you could benefit from life coaching by answering the following questions.
Are you like most people, lost somewhere in the comfort zone with most of your needs met, doing the same thing today that you did yesterday? Have you lost the sense of genuine excitement in your life? Have you made decisions based solely on habit, responsibility or the expectations of others that do not honor who you are? Have you lost touch with a compelling vision of what you want your life to be about? Are you missing a depth and richness in your day-to-day existence? Do you sense you might be selling yourself short, or settling for far less than you might? Rather than a growing sense of excitement, is there a growing deadness about life in the comfort zone?
Coaching Approach: Begin to dream again. Find out what is truly important to you. What does bring you more fully alive? When was the last time you felt that life was an adventure, and what were you doing then? What is a dream that you would love to chase if you knew you couldn’t fail? First find your passions. When you reconnect to them, you will have the power to overcome your challenges, discover your strengths and make a plan to move ahead. Coaching can help you move out of the comfort zone in a manner of weeks.
If you are in the pain zone you’ll know it. Some of your important needs are not being met and you will be suffering with the knowledge that you are living a life, or working in a career, that is not right for you.
Coaching Approach: Let’s first get your needs met, and from there let’s begin to dream again and rediscover the path that will take you forward. What brings you more fully alive? What gets you excited? What are you really good at? When you begin to line up your passions and gifts, it seems that the rest of the universe conspires to assist you. Coaching can help you break out of the pain zone and you will no longer feel like you are swimming against the current.
Fully Alive Zone
You are living a conscious life that honors who you are – and who you want to become – and fully reflects the the values most important to you. For most of us this might mean a sense of challenge, learning, making a difference, being free from worry and enjoying the contentment of a well balanced life in which we are deeply connected to those we love and life itself.
Coaching Approach: You already know the value of routinely investing in yourself, and you also know that there is no limit to the abundance of life. You can always have more meaning, peace, freedom, balance, great relationships, etc. Professional, insightful and independent support only helps speed the process. (But you already know that too.)
Consider two scenarios:
- If you do nothing, imagine where you will be 1 year from now. Odds are things will not be substantially better and for most people they will be worse.
- Imagine if you try coaching, get clarity on what is most important to you and what you need more of in your life (and career or business) to become more effective or more fully alive. And further imagine that you have spent time each week benefiting from independent support and systematically taking the necessary steps to create the outcomes you most want. Where might you get to in the next year?
The choice is always up to you.
- Do you feel substantially more alive, or further ahead, than you did a year ago?
- Is your life more run by things you have to do, as opposed to things you choose to do?
- Would you benefit from having clear goals that reflect what is truly important to you?
- Do you often feel stressed and like there is something holding you back from a much more successful life?
- Do you often know what you should be doing, but have a hard time actually doing it?
- Do you routinely run out of time, energy or patience by the end of the day?
- Is your career more of a job than a calling?
- Is there less meaning in your life, career, relationship, or business, than you would like?
- Do you have a difficult time balancing your career, family, friends, health, etc.?
- Has it been awhile since you really enjoyed yourself?
- Would you benefit from establishing great habits that keep you moving ahead in all parts of your life?
- Do you routinely find yourself worrying about the future?
- Do you often find yourself living automatically, or simply going through the motions?
- Would you like to learn how to create a life that directly reflects your greatest gifts, talents and interests?
- Do you want more success, peace, intimate relationships, or a sense that your life is making a difference?
- Do you ever get a sense that you are not living the life you were meant to live, and that there is much more to life than you are now experiencing?
- Do you have someone in your life who routinely gives you independent feedback, and helps you see what you might be missing?
If you answered yes to many of these questions, I think you are really going to enjoy coaching.
To learn more about life coaching, please don’t hesitate to contact me. You can e-mail me at email@example.com
If you would like to learn more about business or life coaching please visit Life Coaching
Remember, nothing ventured, nothing gained.